Faclities and Service Information for 2012 Season Days
During the holidays, please call:
- 647-2059 to reach the Plant Operations Call Center for maintenance requests, including custodial service, groundskeeping, and parking maintenance;
- 911 to report crimes and emergencies to University Police;
- 763-1131 to contact University Police for other non-emergency issues.
Please do your part to help reduce our utility consumption and make a positive impact on the environment and our budgets.
- Turn off all unused office equipment such as computers, monitors, printers, fans, coffee pots, and task lighting, and unplug chargers for cell phones and PDAs.
- Correct thermostat settings are important to conserving energy. Please set thermostats per your building manager's recommendations.
- Building Managers: Provide Building Automation Systems (BAS) with schedule information via email at PO-BLDGAUTOSYS@umich.edu or phone (763-4013) if you need facility ventilation turned on for special events or activities over the holiday period (5 PM December 24 to 1 AM January 2). Ventilation service for animal rooms and research areas with fume hoods or special ventilation requirements will operate normally. Close fume hoods and where available switch them to "low" or "unoccupied."
Plant Operations Services
The Key Office will be closed for the holiday period from 3:45 PM on Monday, December 24, until 7:30 AM on Wednesday, January 2. Building access problems during this time period should be reported to the Plant Operations Call Center (647-2059).
Custodial Services: The last day for regular custodial services will be December 21. Upon request, limited custodial service, dedicated to common area and rest room cleaning, can be provided December 22 through January 2. Email your custodial service request to the Plant Operations Call Center at email@example.com as soon as possible. Waste and recyclables collection needs will be monitored and performed during the season days as needed. Call the Plant Operations Call Center (647-2059) if there are additional needs.
Occupational Safety and Environmental Health
Contact the Department of Occupational Safety and Environmental Health at 764-4420 before December 14 for approval of radioactive material deliveries on December 24, 26, 27, 28 or 31. Deliveries may be scheduled if lab staff are available to receive and properly secure them.
Collection of radioactive, chemical, and medical/pathological waste will be conducted through December 21 and resume January 2. Call 763-4568 before December 14 to request special collections.
Secure all chemicals and experiments before leaving and make sure hood sashes are closed.
Parking and Transportation
New this year: Use the Google Transit Planner to plan your trips during the holiday period.
The Parking Customer Services office (523 South Division) will close on December 21 at 4:30 PM and re-open on January 2 at 7:30 AM.
U-M Transit Services: There will be NO BUS SERVICE on
December 25 or
January 1. Regular campus and UMHS bus service will be modified as follows:
- Commuter route service will run through December 21 and resume January 2.
- Northwood Express and Diag-to-Diag Express routes will run through December 11 (the last day of classes) and resume on January 9 (the day classes resume).
- Northwood routes will run regular service through December 21 and will resume January 2. During season days:
- Bursley/Baits and Oxford routes will run through December 20 and resume January 6.
- UMHS routes (Med Express, UMHS Intercampus, and Research Link) will
run normally through December 21 and resume regular service January 2.
During season days:
- December 24, 26-28, and 31: A special parking loop service will run between 6:20 AM and 6 PM to and from the Mitchell Field and Fuller Road North parking lots, and to a stop on Ann Street between Zina Pitcher Place and Glen Avenue, to transport people parking at the Ann Street, Catherine Street, and Glen Avenue parking structures. It will not serve the Wall Street or North Ingalls Building stops. Please check the Parking Loop schedule
- Regular Glazier Way parkers are encouraged to use the Ann Street, Catherine Street, or Glen Avenue parking structures with no permit required. There will be no service to Glazier Way or to the Crisler Center commuter lots between December 21 and January 2.
- Paratransit Service: Regular service will be available through December 21 and will resume on January 2. All U-M buses are accessible.
Parking enforcement will be suspended for permits and meter fees in all U-M parking areas except the Cancer Center (P1), Taubman North (P2) and South (P3), Simpson/Mott (P4), and Cardiovascular Center (P5) Parking Structures from 5:00 PM December 21 until 6:00 AM January 2. This does not apply to City of Ann Arbor parking areas.
- Orange Lots M75 and NC78 on Fuller Road will be available for parking December 24, 26.28, and 31, with special parking loop bus service to and from the Medical Campus running every 20 minutes from 6:30 AM to 5:30 PM and every 10 minutes from 6:20 AM to 7:20 AM. The parking loop service will also serve a bus stop on Ann Street for those who would like to park in the Catherine Street, Ann Street, Glen Avenue, and Palmer Drive parking structures.
- Medical Campus evening and night shift staff with non-AVI device permits (yellow and orange) who cannot be accommodated by the parking loop bus service will be allowed to park at the Taubman North Structure (P2 only) during the holiday break (December 24-January 1) Staff must exit via a visitor lane show their parking permit to the attendant for free exit.
- Patient and visitor parking at the Cancer Center (P1), Taubman North (P2), Simpson/Mott (P4), and Cardiovascular Center (P5) parking structures will continue normal operation throughout the holiday season, except December 25 and January 1 when parking will be free. Patient and visitor parking at the Fletcher Street and Palmer Drive parking structures will be free December 24-January 1).
Fleet Services will close at 5:00 PM December 21 and reopen 6:30 AM January 2. Vehicles to be rented over the season day period will need to be picked up prior to closing on December 21.
Service Stations: The Baxter Road Service Station will remain in service throughout the season day period. The Kipke Drive site will be accessible on a limited basis, as the gates for the SC10 Lot will be closed during non-operational hours.
The PTS Fleet Garage will close at 12:30 AM December 22 and reopen at 7:00 AM January 2. For vehicle emergencies when the garage is closed contact University Police (763-1131) and your call will be returned by a garage supervisor.
Ann Arbor Transportation Authority (AATA): Visit www.theride.org for service changes during the holiday season.